Friday, September 23, 2011

Sept 23, 2011

I appreciated this video posted  by The Way Grandma Does it It really is too close for comfort



On these rainy days when we are at the shop all day its great to come home, feed the animals and prepare something quick for dinner. That's where pancakes and sausage come in.  I make the pancake mix up in bulk and store it in 1/2 gallon mason jars.
Yes, I did make the pancakes into letter shapes.....:)
Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
5 cups whole wheat flour
5 cups white flour
2 1/2 cups instant nonfat dry milk
1/2cup sugar
1/ cup baking powder
2T salt
combine all ingredients in an air tight container.
To Make Pancakes
1and 1/2 cups pancake mix
1 slightly beaten egg
1 cup water
3T oil
Mix together and cook on a hot griddle
 These are so good. My father in law uses it to make Belgian waffles at Christmas and they are so puffy and good!  Sometimes I replace 1/2cup orange juice with 1/2 the water for a really great orange flavor.


There is an 84 year old fella who has a this and that shop near us. Today on his half price table he had a brand spankin new Bodum coffee press still in the box.   In true Lenny fashion he said " I don't know what it does but I'm sure it does it good".. " I had 7.00 on it but its half price so I'll let you have it for 3.00", maybe you can figure out what to do with it.."
................why yes Lenny...... I can!  We had been considering buying one so Chris can have his cup of coffee if the power goes out or when we go camping.
We were so happy to add this to our preps
 Press in and Press on,
PrepMom

No comments:

Post a Comment